Steve Hale. Owner/Operator of Steve’s Restorations and Hot Rods. Age:30. 2016
Awards, Honors and Industry Accomplishments:
2004: Won best in show (out of 150 cars) at first car show with first restored vehicle, a 1960 Jaguar, 18 years old.
• 2006: Opened Steve’s Restorations and Hot Rods in Clinton,NY
• 2007: Relocated to Marcy, NY
• 2009: Did the body and paint work on The Syracuse Nationals Giveaway car, a 1927 roadster, later featured on the cover of
Street Rodder Magazine.
• 2009: Displayed at The Syracuse Nationals for the first time as a company, with a total of 5 vehicles (all of which S.R.H.R.
completed). As well as displayed The Green Machine w/ PPG for it’s first show appearance. Syracuse, NY
• 2009: Became a SEMA member and displayed The Green Machine, at SEMA’s Making Green Cool Zone. LasVegas, NV
• 2010: Featured in The Observer Dispatch “Exceptional Business”
• 2010: Featured on The Mohawk Valley Living Television show
• 2010: Displayed at The Detroit Autorama, won 1st Place Full Custom Truck & Special Award For Outstanding Full Radical
Hand-Built Truck, both of which are ISCA awards. Detroit MI
• 2010: Displayed at The F-100 Super Nationals, won Truckin’ Magazine Editors Choice & Best In Class. Pigeon Forge, TN
• 2010: SEMA Show, Displayed 1950 Harley Davidson and The Green Machine with PPG. Las Vegas. NV
• 2010: Featured on Spike TV’s Powerblock with The Green Machine (noted as one of the nicest vehicles to appear in their
• 2010: Featured on the cover and 8 page article of Trocas Magazine Issue #29
• 2010: Featured on the cover of Street Rodder Magazine, The Syracuse Nationals 1927 roadster, 2009 giveaway car.
• 2010: Featured in The PPG Repaint Reporter Vol.69 Issue 1
• 2010: Displayed for PPG: The Green Machine and 1950 Harley at The 13th annual Goodguys PPG Nationals, The Northeast
Regional Trade Show in The Meadowlands and The Martino Auto Concepts car show of Long Island and a 1956 custom
Chevy at The Syracuse Nationals (all of which were PPG displays)
• 2010: Displayed 6 vehicles (all of which S.R.H.R. completed) in The Steve’s Restorations & Hot Rods booth at The Syracuse
• 2010: Received The Young American Rodder Award at The East Coast Indoor Nationals
• 2011: Featured on the cover and month of January in Snap On Tools “Tech Toys” calendar
• 2011: Featured in Truckin’ Magazine Issue #3 January
• 2011: Featured in The Street Machines Idea Book, by Sue Elliott with 3 vehicles by Steve’s Restorations & Hot Rods, a
custom 1971 Camaro, a custom 1956 Bel Air and The Green Machine.
• 2011: Displayed 7 vehicles and 2 motorcycles (all of which S.R.H.R. completed) at The Syracuse Nationals in The Steve’s
Restorations & Hot Rods booth and the PPG display
• 2011: Displayed 12 vehicles by S.R.H.R. and helped to promote the local Carbone Cars and Guitars Car
• 2012: Featured in Truckin’ Magazine Issue #2 For The Top Ten Trucks of 2011
• 2012: Street Machines of Rochester Motor Mania, Hottest Hue Award and Rolling Thunder Award
• 2012: Featured in The SEMA magazine for the top 35 people under 35 years old in the automotive
• 2013: Moved into 13,000 Sq Ft shop in Frankfort, NY with a successful grand opening and open house
hosting nearly 500 guests, live music, etc..
• 2012-2015: Displayed the Steve’s Restorations and Hot Rods booth at The Syracuse Nationals with
over 12 automobiles and 7 motorcycles along with multiple restored antique items each year.
• 2015: Featured on The Mohawk Valley Living television show and in their magazine for the 2nd time.
• 2015: Featured on the cover and 5 page article in The Apex Magazine
• 2015: Featured in numerous articles, podcasts, radio and television interviews, including: WKTV,
92.7 The Drive, Big Frog 104.3, The Talk Of The Town, The Utica OD, The Signal and The Editor
• 2016: Featured in season 7 of American Restoration with 9 different projects by Steve’s Restorations
and Hot Rods
• 2016: Successfully owned and operated Steve’s Restorations and Hot Rods for over ten years.
Restored and/or painted, designed, oversaw and completed thousands of projects.
• 2016: Hosted the Street Rodder Magazine Road Tour
• 2016: Displayed the largest Steve’s Restorations and Hot Rods booth yet at The 2016 Syracuse Nationals! An 80’ x 70’
display, along with: Celebrity appearances and autograph sessions for PPG and Ford Motor Company. Live podcast with Shift
and Steer Media(available on I-Tunes). Successfully collaborated with seven other companies to bring the show to life.